When I went to the naturopath, I had a pretty long list of things I was frustrated about and wanted to fix.
- weight gain
- anxiety/panic attacks
- pms (it’s been SOOO awful)
- missed periods (a couple times a year)
- low libido
- constantly stressed
- did I mention TIRED-like bone weary exhausted, could barely get out of bed in the AM tired.
Just to name a few things. It hasn’t been fun. Of course there were times that I did feel good but these symptoms were becoming too frequent and were starting to disrupt my daily life. Which as a homeschooling mom, was very, very frustrating.
So, I forced myself to go get checked out. My Naturopath ran a HUGE blood panel – 12 vials of blood, I was even more tired after that lol. We found out that my iron was low, as was my vitamin c, vitamin d, b vitamins, pregnenolone (crazy low), and my body was holding on to a LOT of inflammation! (fyi I’m missing some things here as I don’t have my papers in front of me).
There was good news too. No diabetes- all numbers for that were good. Cholesterol was good. Thyroid was good (ALL the tests were done) though it could be better I suppose 🤷🏼♀️
So I was told to overhaul my diet (duh, I knew I should be eating better but it’s so hard when you’re SO tired so I’m taking that part a little slower than I really want to or should be). Add in foods full of vitamins and nutrients. Start walking for exercise. And to start on some supplements-I’ll list these by category below and I’ll indicate which ones I’ve taken and which ones are helping! ♥️ – means I’m currently taking/doing.
- 5-HTP ♥️
- Ashwaghanda ♥️
- Magnesium Oil ( I make my own) ❤️
- Zen by WellPath ♥️
- Super strong probiotic ♥️
- Fermented foods (kombucha, Kim chi, etc) 🤷🏼♀️
- 10,000 IU twice daily ( I took a bottle but started trying to get outside more this summer instead)
- Magnesium -magnesium helps with vit d ♥️
- •Floradix Florivital Herbal Iron
- Ancestral Supplements Beef Organs
Pregnenolone –my pregnenolone was crazy low which is a result of pregnenolone steal
- Pregnenolone – start at 5 and go up from there until I feel a noticeable difference (in a good way)
Other things I’ve added in:
- Adapt To Stress Tea ♥️♥️
- Meditation/Breathing ♥️
Other things I’m going to add in (taking these semi slowly):
- Daily time with my Bible/Praying
I can’t even begin to tell you how much better I’m feeling already. I’m definitely not 💯 yet but I’m feeling a lot better and I’m so happy about it.
How have you helped your Adrenal Fatigue? Or just helped yourself in general??